Great Western Petroleum was founded in 1958 by Frank and George Tabish. They started their business with a small service station in Missoula, Montana. By 1966, they purchased their supplier and became a wholesale gas, fuel and oil distributor. The main focus of the business was to supply full service gas stations, mines, paper mills, and logging operations.
By the 1980’s, industry and demand had changed. Convenience stores became a major source of growth. Today, Great Western Petroleum’s focus is to be a supplier of Branded and Unbranded fuels and lubricants to retail and wholesale businesses, agricultural, aviation, small business, commercial and government consumers.